Sunday 15 February 2015

Ipoh Trip #1

BEFORE DEPARTING & DAY 1

Have I ever told you that I'm a night owl? Yep, sleepy during the days and active during the night. I was awake the whole night on 6th of february literally until the sun rises on the 7th of february. And in the meantime, I was packing and doing my visual communication assignment. I was feeling quite tired in the morning but thankfully the bus came and we got to go on our own without the lecturers boarding on the bus! (they got their own car) And what's best was I got two empty seats all for myself. Sorry if this seemed inappropriate hehe. It was my feet.


And around 10 to 10:30 am, we stopped by near Sungai Tinggi to have breakfast. I can't remember what I ate but rice was definitely in there.

The heritage house was the first landmark we visited, but it wasn't on Ipoh. It was on Gopeng, and I was honestly fascinated by the old feeling it gives me.


Even the interiors are pretty! Expecially the kitchen- the part that I loved the most. With all the old classic designs.



^ This is the ceiling lighting that I found on the kitchen. It looks like lily flowers


^ These two were the lighting and shelf found in the ground floor living/guest room.






^ And from the bedroom to the living room pictures captured above were the rooms that I found on the second and third floor.


^ These two were the ground floor living/guest room viewed from the stair ascending up to the rooms upstairs :D

And after that, we went to make some labu art... or clay art? That's a bit funny because 'labu' in indonesian means pumpkin. ahaha. However I didn't get the chance to take much pictures because of my dirty hands. At least still got these.



We arrived at boutique hotel Ipoh at around 7:00 pm. Went straight to shower, had dinner at pasar malam and slept (finally :P). It was a super long and tiring but fun day.

DAY 2

8th February. It was my birthday... Tahsin (my roommate) and I overslept a few minutes later than the time we supposed to be in the flea market. Oh well. Adventure is out there- so the two of us went out with Vevi to a nearby mamak shop (because some seniors were eating there as well) and head to the flea market. We explored the awesome Memory Lane Flea Market until nearly half of the day :D














^ I got veeery excited after seeing those ancient weapons. They were beyond awesome










12:00 PM. We went to old town to work on our *~assignment~* which was a video. We picked several historical buildings such as St. Michael, Birch memorial clock tower, Railway station and Ipoh royal club but so many buildings were closed on sunday! we walked the entire old town under the hot sun. Definitely best birthday ever (sarcasm). But nevertheless I felt happy that people on the bus sang happy birthday for me. These are some heritage buildings that I took picture of:



^ Using this building for my visual communication assignment :)


^ Paintings on birch memorial clock tower



^ Some descriptions about birch memorial clock tower and 4 different statues that symbolised 4 virtues of british law






^ Some views of Dewan Bandaraya Ipoh










^ The railway station and its interior


  


^ Ate lunch at this cafe that has a very vintage design. They kept the existing old building untouched and add some decorations. Awesome :)

Before going to the railway station, we met a security guard who knew sooo many things about Ipoh. We interviewed him only for a little bit information, but he gave us a lot! More than a lot. Sorry I didn't get to take pictures of him, my phone's battery was running low that time and we still had 4 hours more left to work on our assignment.

Around two or three hours before going back to the bus, we went to Plan B.






We went back from old town to our hotel at 5:00 PM and went to Kinta Riverfront at... around 7:00 or 7:30 pm? It was after I took a shower and ate my dinner. There were cycling facilities and the scenery was really pretty!

Around 10:30 PM, we finally went back to the hotel. I was tired, so I went straight to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment