Wednesday 9 March 2016

Sekinchan Trip, Part. 2!

The bus took our sleepy and a little tired selves to the Ahma House, It was a well known specialty cake and biscuit store in Sekinchan! I got in and found so many things that reminded me of my childhood like a mini cotton candy maker machine thing. There were also some interesting old stuffs displayed on the wall (which I fell in love with because I really like old stuffs). We also found a tram that was designed alike of those old cars that was on service to take us on a trip along the paddy fields. But our time was limited, and I was guessing people were almost dying due to the heat and the energy they've spent at the rice factory for the day!





The famous kue kapeh from the famous Ah Ma house <3 It took a while to make but it was very satisfying to watch for some reason.
As a couple of hours passed and we were done, we're on the bus again that started taking us to our next destination. The sky was getting dark, but it wasn't because time flew too fast. It was partly raining! Though, it was only a few seconds and the next moment, the sky was cheerful again and the sun finally defeated the dark clouds. The next place we visited was Nan Tian temple or Nine Emperor Gods Temple. The picture was a bit dark because... The sky was in transition between crying and stopped crying-

The overall front look of the temple. The temple was coloured in vibrant red and yellow.
Here are some more little details that might look unimportant but I overlooked, haha.
First one from the left, was a view that I saw when I climbed up one of the two towers in front of the temple. Actually, I wanted to take picture of the small dragon because that seemed like an important part of the temple's decoration. Same thing with the phoenix (or is it a dragon? : " ) )  and other decorations on the roof too! I believe they're called chien nien? 

 

Stunning pair of red columns and stone carving on the fence.
I could see this much paddy fields from the top of the tower. I was in my glory as a rice general for a good few seconds of amazing moment.
A closer look to the roof's decoration details: 


And more dragon carvings (chien nien) on the roof and on the wall:


The temple's interior. There were people praying but there wasn't much, and luckily I was able to take pictures and took a good look inside. Sssh, be quiet u w u

Originally, we wanted to visit Farm Ville Cafe & Homestay for case study because of the interesting design (which was mainly made of containers!) but the place was closed when we visited and only legit guests were allowed to come in (as in, you need to stay there to go in). Even though I didn't manage to literally explore everything-- at least I got to admire something behind the glass door.... While smushed in between the crowd from a certain distance : " D


That was the last destination for the day and we finally headed to the hotel (bed, yes, I love bed. Finally.). I was in one room with one of my classmates and my junior. We stayed in for the night because we were really drained! There was a lighthouse near our hotel room so we decided to climbed on and it wasn't something to regret at all because look at this majestic view.

The night view from the lighthouse where I stood. It was very pretty!
That was a wrap for day 1. See you in another post for another exciting day~*

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Interesting post as always, and the container building is really awesome. I'm a fan of unusually ingenious architectures myself (I once asked to write about container houses heueuheu) Btw I just noticed--- you said you like old stuff, is it the reason why you like me--- cuz i'm old? *is bricked* :B

    ReplyDelete