Wednesday 9 March 2016

Sekinchan Trip, Part. 1.

I'm back to writing again with a smile on my face because it felt like it was just yesterday since the day I visited Sekinchan. At the beginning, I didn't think something extraordinarily exciting would happen but a lot of things actually did because I managed to make some friends from this current semester. I'm so proud of myself--

There wasn't much pictures taken because my phone's battery ran down pretty quickly but I believe I've captured at least one picture each from every place we visited each day of the week! The trip was about 3 days and 2 nights, and definitely something worth remembering for.

A view from my window! Look at the paddy field. Apparently, it's harvesting season so all the plants have been harvested. They're not dried, abandoned or not well taken care of. : )

First destination that we ever visited was this rice factory in the middle of paddy fields under the hot, scorching sun. The factory was called Kilang Beras Rakyat Sekinchan by PLS Marketing (M) SDN BHD.


There was a part where we were gathered in some sort of classroom and explained about how the rice were planted and harvested but I didn't take picture of that, so have pictures of the rice gathering process and the packaging. I thought the packaging would be done by machine but it wasn't! It was done by hands.

The pathway at the factory led us not only to the whole process of how rice is produced, there were an area where they exhibited some old stuffs that the rice farmers would use in the days back then. I personally love old stuffs because I think they bring memories and are very interesting, so you can have a look of the pictures that I took at the site! They vary from the bamboo appliances, to a hat, bike, wooden furniture, and old electronics.





Aren't they pretty.

I've got quite a lot to tell in just one place because the factory had three attractions; first was the factory itself, then a shop, and lastly a cafe. Though I didn't get to get an entire look of the cafe, I managed to take some things that caught my interest like the display design and the cute pendant lamp. Apparently they were made of rice grains and crafted bamboos. I got to eat oreo flavoured ice cream that I bought from the shop too! It tasted just like regular ice cream, you just find bits of rice in every bite that you take.


And that wraps up my trip in the rice factory! See you in another post. 

Here's a picture of the paddy field just beside the rice factory as a bonus : " D

I'll ride to another post on this. Beep beep-



No comments:

Post a Comment